Optimizing your warehouse apparel storage solutions is crucial in today’s competitive retail marketplace. Demand for all types of consumables is at an all time high, however apparel comes with its own unique set of challenges, not least that 23% of all online sales are returned, making reverse logistics incredibly challenging.
Warehouse apparel storage challenges
Some key challenges include:
- Handling different sizes of items: Apparel comes in various shapes and sizes making organizing and storing them efficiently challenging.
- Seasonal changes: Fashions change with the season leading to fluctuations in demand for different types of clothing throughout the year. Warehouses need to adapt to these variations in inventory levels to avoid over or under stocking.
- Delicate items: Some items of clothing are more prone to damage so storing them safely is essential. Some clothing is susceptible to temperature and humidity so protecting items from mould and mildew is another key aspect of warehouse clothing storage.
- Inventory management: Keeping track of different items and their variants requires a robust inventory management system with regular stock checks and accurate item counting essential to avoid discrepancies.
- Returns: Managing reverse logistics presents a big challenge for warehouse storage managers and it can be a time-consuming and costly process. Warehouses also need to be ready for an influx of returns at certain times of the year, which involves additional labour and storage space. Highly efficient reverse logistics solutions are required to manage returned, damaged or unsold items, and get them back into the supply chain as quickly as possible (or dispose of them). Inventory management is another issue that relates to reverse logistics since it’s crucial to keep track of large volumes of SKUs, sizes, colours and styles of clothing. Items may also need to be refurbished and repacked, adding to the costs and complexity of the returns processes.
Why PALLITE™ PIX™ storage solutions are ideal for warehouse apparel storage
More and more retailers and 3PL providers are moving towards modular, sustainable warehouse apparel storage solutions in a bid to boost efficiencies and demonstrate a commitment to becoming more eco-friendly. PALLITE™ products fit the bill perfectly:
- Lightweight and easy to handle: PALLITE™ PIX™ cardboard storage solutions are extremely lightweight making them highly mobile. This is very advantageous when dealing with clothing items that are light and come in various sizes and quantities. They’re easy for staff to move and handle during the picking process, improving internal warehouse processes, reducing the physical strain on workers and reducing the risk of injuries.
- Customizable: To fit specific warehouse storage needs: With their modular design, PALLITE™ PIX™ storage systems can be easily customised to fit the specific needs of clothing items. This makes it easy to create storage spaces that utilise all the use of available storage space.
- Damage prevention: The smooth, flat surfaces of PALLITE™ PIX™ honeycomb cardboard storage solutions helps to prevent damage to clothing items. There are no sharp edges or protrusions that could snag or tear delicate fabrics. PALLITE™ storage solutions are also more resistant to mould and mildew build up as opposed to traditional wooden storage solutions.
- Durability and strength: While cardboard may not typically be perceived as sturdier than other materials, PALLITE™ PIX™ products are different. They’re engineered to be strong enough to withstand the demands of a busy warehouse environment.
- Sustainable and eco-friendly: PALLITE™ PIX™ products are recyclable and biodegradable making them an eco-friendly choice for storage solutions. As sustainability becomes ever more important in the fashion industry, using environmentally-friendly materials sends the right message re responsible business practices.
Maximising warehouse space with PALLITE™ PIX™ storage systems
PALLITE™ PIX™ cardboard warehouse clothing storage solutions are designed to maximise space utilization. They can be stacked, nested or collapsed when not required, reducing the storage footprint and freeing up valuable warehouse space. With their space optimization capabilities PIX™ products allow warehouses to accommodate a higher volume of returned items too without significantly expanding the warehouse footprint.
Easy to access and locate items
PALLITE™ PIX™ storage bins can be customised and configured to all your requirements, with various compartments, dividers and shelves to allow for the systematic organisation of clothing items. This organisation streamlines the picking process enabling staff to locate and access specific items rapidly and efficiently.
PALLITE™ PIX™ solutions are also easy to label with SKUs making items easy to identify and also reduces incidences of picking errors. PIX™ systems make sorting and organising products easier too, improving reverse logistics operations. PIX™ storage bins also provide effective reverse logistics solutions. With the option for clear labelling and efficient compartmentalization it’s easy for warehouse staff to identify, categorize and route returned items to their appropriate destinations.
PIX™ storage systems are also pick-friendly – making it easy for staff to reach apparel items without unnecessary bending or stretching.
Efficient inventory management
PIX™ products integrate with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) to streamline the picking process further. WMS can guide pickers to the right locations, prioritise picking tasks and update inventory levels in real-time.
Innovative warehouse storage apparel solutions
PALLITE™ PIX™ storage systems are flexible and scalable allowing warehouse managers to deal with seasonal fluctuations and changing inventory levels. The flexible units can be scaled up or down with ease. PALLITE™ PIX™ storage systems are easy and quick to assemble and disassemble, facilitating quick installation and re-arrangement as the warehouse’s clothing storage needs change.
How PALLITE™ storage products are helping businesses today
Leading men’s accessories company Trendhim significantly improved their pick accuracies by introducing PIX™ storage systems across their entire facility. They opted for a combination of single-sided and twin PIX™ storage bins to provide them with improved pick density and clearer location demarcation. Further PIX™ storage units were designed specifically for Trendhim in order to improve walk sequences and improve their reverse logistics processes.
Bespoke warehouse apparel storage solutions for all business needs
Versatile, lightweight PALLITE™ PIX™ products are ideal for storing apparel and fashion accessories in warehouse environments. They’re easy to assemble when stock levels need to be increased, and quick to fold away when not required. Get in touch today to find out how PIX™ products could help you revolutionise your warehouse apparel storage and ensure you stay competitive in this increasingly challenging industry.